JavaTunes is a free ligthweight and platform independent jukebox with Focus on the functionality.
* Ogg Vorbis, FLAC MP3 and WavPack files are supported.
* No installation only one file.
* Last.fm support http://www.last.fm/.
* Similar artist Playback that makes shuffling much more pleasant.
* Find most popular tracks from an artist.
* Replay Gain supported.
* Gapless playback with Vorbis, FLAC and WavPack.
* Karaoke with lyrics when a .cdg file with a matching name is found (MP3+G and OGG+G).
* Lyrics from the internet or if embedded.
* Album cover is showed if placed next to the audio file, if embedded or if found on the internet.
* Apple infrared remote supported.
* Web interface for small devices (must be enabled from the Options Menu).
* Multiple artists and genres supported.
* Locking preventing your guests in skipping other requests.
* Queue mode resulting in no more half played songs. New requests are put in a queue.
* Search as you type provides the desired song in a few seconds.
* Album mode listing all your albums. Add a whole album to the play list and play it in the intended order.
* Duplicate songs are found with intelligent matching.
* Genre exception list to exclude certain genres in random mode.
* Full screen and minimized mode with always on top.
* UTF-8 encoding supporting every language in the world.
* HTTP support to play songs from a romte computer through a webserver (try this songs.xml)
* ShoutCast support with "Now Playing" (try skyfm.m3u)
* Highly optimized by speed and size.
* Drag and drop files or directories from the file system.
* Statistic showing most played songs. Popular songs are marked with a star.
* Platform independent running on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Solaris etc.
Screenshots are not available currently.
What's New in JavaTunes 4.3
Release notes are not available currently.
No additional system requirements.